3T unsalted butter
½ cup Moscato wine
4 peaches pitted and sliced into ½” thick slices, about 3 cups.
½ cup sliced almonds
1 quart vanilla ice cream
1. In a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter, stir in t honey
2. Add the Moscato and stir until blended. Bring to a boil.
3. Add the peaches; stir until well coated with the sauce.
4. Lower the heat to medium-high and cook until sauce thickens and peaches become soft, about 15-20 minutes.
5. Pre heat the oven to 350° F. Place almonds on a baking sheet and bake for 5-8 minutes until lightly brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
6. Scoop the ice cream into bowls. Spoon the peaches and sauce on top, sprinkle almonds on top. Serve immediately.
TIPS & TRICKS
• You can use any sweet dessert wine or sparkling wine in place of the Moscato.
• You can use yellow or white fresh peaches. I leave the skin on, but you can peel if you like. This dish also works very well with frozen peaches.
• You can substitute apricots or nectarines for the peaches.
• You can substitute the almonds with almost any nut. I really like walnuts and macadamia nuts.