¼ cup roast beef dripping
1¼ cup milk
1¼ cup flour
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400º F.
2. Place about a teaspoon of roast dripping in each of 12 muffin cups or popover tins. Place the pan in the oven for 5-7 minutes, or until smoking hot.
3. While the pan is heating, in a large bowl, whisk together eggs, and milk until well blended.
4. Add the flour, salt and pepper. Stir until combined and all the lumps are gone.
5. Pour about ¼ cup into each muffin cup/popover cup and bake 20-25 minutes until puffed and golden. Do not open the door.
6. Remove from the oven, place on platter or basket and serve immediately.
TIPS & TRICKS
• The batter can be made several hours in advance, either leave it on your counter, or if you place in fridge allow it to come up to room temperature before cooking.
• The pudding will puff up but deflate quickly (like a soufflé) so cook them at the last moment.