1 orange, skin on, thinly sliced into half moons
¼ cup mint leaves
¼ cup pomegranate seeds
¼ cup Cointreau or orange liquor
2 cups cold ginger ale
1-cup cold unsweetened pomegranate juice
1 bottle champagne or sparking wine
1. To remove the seeds from the pomegranate, score/cut around the middle of the pomegranate, cutting though the skin but not cutting it half. Tear it open and gently “crack” the halves. Place a half of pomegranate in your hand upside down over a bowl and gentle bang on it with a wooden spoon until all the seeds fall out.
2. Fill a small bowl, mold, or cake pan with the sliced oranges, mint leaves and pomegranates seeds. Fill with 4 cups of water. Place in freezer until frozen.
3. In a punch bowl, add the frozen fruit ring.
4. Add the Cointreau, ginger ale, pomegranate juice, and champagne or sparkling wine. Stir.
5. Pour into glasses and serve immediately,
TIPS & TRICKS
• Place the mold in the freezer then fill it with water.
• Ice ring will keep punch cold for several hours. Double the liquid to serve more people.