1 small head of green cabbage
1 small head of purple cabbage
5 large carrots, peeled
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
½ cup sour cream
½ cup Greek non-flavored yogurt or mayonnaise
1 tsp. celery seed.
1 tsp. salt
1 ½ cup Blue cheese, Roquefort, or Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
½ cup toasted walnuts, chopped
1. Cut the cabbage in half and remove the core. Cut into wedges that will fit in the feeding tube of the food processor. Fit the food processor with a slicing blade, turn the machine on and slice the cabbage. Remove from food processor and place into a bowl, mix together, then measure out 10 cups of the cabbage and place in a large bowl. Reserve any extra cabbage for another use.
2. Change the slicing blade to a grating blade and grate the carrots, then add to the bowl with cabbage.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the vinegar, sour cream, yogurt, celery seed, salt, and cheese.
4. Toss the cabbage mixture with dressing.
5. Top with toasted walnuts and serve immediately.
TIPS & TRICKS
• You can prepare vegetables & dressing ahead. Just assemble right before serving.
• Pull the dressing out of refrigerator 1 hour before serving to allow to warm up, then toss with slaw.
• To roast nuts: preheat oven 350º F. Place the nuts on a baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes. Watch carefully, they burn very quickly! Once cooled, the roasted nuts can be stored in an airtight container for several weeks.