3 cups couscous
4½ cups boiling water
½ cup golden raisins
1 cup apricots, cut into bite-size pieces
½ cup pine nuts toasted
*2T chopped flat parsley
Salt & pepper
1. In a large 9x11 baking dish, spread out the couscous into a thin layer. Pour the boiling water on top. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add the raisins, apricots, pine nuts, and parsley. Toss together.
3. Remove the plastic wrap. Fluff the couscous with a fork, and then gently stir in the raisin mixture. Season with salt & pepper.
4. Serve warm or cold.
TIPS & TRICKS
• To roast nuts: preheat oven 350º F. Place the nuts on a baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes. Watch carefully, they burn very quickly! Once cooled, the roasted nuts can be stored in an airtight container for several weeks.
• There are so many combinations of dried fruits and nuts to add to create multiple spins on this dish. I love adding figs, dates, currents, almonds, and hazelnuts, too.
• You can add a drizzle of olive oil to add a yummy richness to the dish.
• It’s a great way to “clean out” the fridge. Use all of your left over bits of veggies, meats, and cheese and add them to the cooked couscous.
• It’s also fantastic as a salad. Just toss it with a nice vinaigrette!