½ cup water
½ cup granulated sugar
1 16 oz. bag frozen peaches, defrosted
1 bottle prosecco or sparking wine , chilled
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the water and sugar. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and cool. Chill until ready to use.
2. In your food processor or blender, blend the peaches and ¼ cup sugar syrup. Blend until smooth.
3. Pass the pureed peaches though a strainer. If not sweet enough add more of the sugar syrup. Chill the puree until ready to serve
4. Pour 1 or 2 tablespoons of peach puree into a champagne flute. Tilt the glass and slowly add sparking wine.
5. Stir and serve immediately.
TIPS & TRICKS
• I make the simple sugar syrup and peach puree ahead of time and store them in glass jars for easy serving.
• Traditionally, this cocktail is made with Prosecco, which I feel can tend to be on the sweeter side. I used a very good quality sparkling wine that was a little more brut, or dry. I thought that the brut flavor profile paired very nicely with the meal.
• This cocktail can also be made in a pitcher for easy serving